Blessed with a curve-flattering pear shaped body? We’ve put together the ultimate guide on how to dress your pear shaped body whether you’re keeping things casual or getting your sparkle on for party season.
Need some tips and tricks on the best styles to look out for? Keep scrolling for all you info you need.
What Is A Pear Shaped Body?
- Narrow shoulders
- Smaller bust
- Wide hips and bottom half
Are your hips and thighs wider than your shoulders? If yes, then you most likely fall into the pear shape figure.
How Do I Dress A Pear Shape?
- Balance out proportions – A general tip for pear shapes is to balance out your narrow top half with the wider bottom half. There are so many easy ways to do this and add volume to your shoulders and chest.
- Draw the eye upwards – Create volume to your top half to draw attention away from your wider bottom half. Choose styles that highlight your shoulders and chest as this is where you want the focus to go.
- Take colours into consideration – It’s not revolutionary that black is slimming, but this doesn’t mean you can’t opt for lighter tones, just consider focus is drawn to light and bright colours.
- Know what shapes flatter your figure in the best ways – Unsure what styles flatter your pear shape body? Keep reading to find out! This will help guide your next purchase.
Clothes For A Pear Shaped Body
Whether you’re getting dressed up for weekend plans or keeping things laidback on off-duty days, we’ve rounded up our favourite pear shaped body clothes to serve with confidence at all your plans.
As colder months come around, we’re looking for party season staples, everyday denim and the latest outerwear to fill our wardrobe with. Check out our favourites below.
Flattering Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body
- Sleeve detail balances out proportions – Adding volume to your top half balances out a wider bottom half. Puff sleeves, flared and balloon sleeves are key to look out for in dresses as they’ll effortlessly draw attention up and widen narrow shoulders.
- Skater dresses – The fit and flare design of skater dresses highlights your waist with the skirt effortlessly sitting over your curves – add sleeve detail and you’ve got a more defined hourglass shape!
- Smock dresses – Nip you in under the bust with a loose floaty hem that glides over your curves. They usually feature puff sleeves too for volume.
- Bardot dresses – Bardot necklines broaden narrower shoulders with the wide neckline, drawing the eye up towards your décolletage.
Maxi Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body
This floral dress goes hand-in-hand with all your weekend plans. Designed in a milkmaid style with a sweetheart neckline and short puff sleeves, adding the volume you’re after. The bust seam detail highlights your waist with the loose skirt and smock hem floating over your curves.
Shop plus size maxi dresses.
Evening Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body
Elevating your go-to LBD with a statement polka dot print, this bardot skater dress ticks all the pear shaped boxes. The skater style highlights your waist sitting effortlessly over your curves with the bardot neckline highlighting your shoulders and décolletage – what’s not to love? The comfortable knee length shows off your fab legs too.
Ready to leave a lasting impression at date night and beyond, add a pop of colour or keep your look muted, the options are endless.
Shop plus size black dresses.
Occasion Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body
Special occasions call for sequins, embellishments and all things glam. This Luxe dress exudes elegance detailing with hand embellished sequins and beads to the bodice with a floaty chiffon maxi skirt.
The bardot neckline draws attention to your shoulders with the overlay adding volume to your bust. For after-dark events, keep your accessories understated to let the dress do all the talking.
Party Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body
Party season calls for all things that sparkle whether it’s a work Christmas do, you’re heading out-out or getting glam because you want to!
The design of this skater dress is perfect for pear shapes. The statement contrast sparkly top half draws all eyes and attention upwards, with the simple skater skirt slimming your lower half. Cinch in your waist as little or as much as you like with the belted tie fastening. You’re ready to make an entrance with confidence.
Winter Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body
We’re dress obsessed every season, and winter is no exception! We’ve got longer sleeves, winter hues and darker prints to add into your collection. You can layer them up with tights, ankle boots and knee high boots with ease.
We couldn’t just pick one dress! Opt for a cleavage enhancing wrap dress with two contrast prints, helping to balance out proportions and balloon sleeves adding volume to your top half. Or bring your smock dresses into the new season with darker hues and short puff sleeves adding volume to your shoulders.
Tops For A Pear Shaped Body
- Draw eyes up – Similar to dresses, opt for tops that add volume to your top half or highlight your chest area. Key styles to look out for are bardot tops, peplum tops, milkmaid tops and plunge tops.
- The longer the length the better – Longline tops and tunics sit much lower in length on the body at the hips. Make sure the hem is simple without any ruffle details or frills that will add more volume to your hips. You just want the top to effortlessly sit over your curves.
Peplum Tops For A Pear Shaped Body
Our range of peplum tops typically bring you in at the waist with the hem floating over your curves. Highlighting your waist to define your silhouette, they often feature puff sleeves adding volume to your top half.
The floral peplum top features a stretchy shirred bodice and short puff sleeves with a square neckline, easy to wear with any pair of leggings for casual plans. For something dressier, reach for our star print blouse as the perfect match for your jeans and a nice top duo. The white top half draws all eyes and attention up with a contrasting black hem offering a slimming look.
Shop plus size peplum tops
Trousers For A Pear Shaped Body
- Bootcut & wide leg trousers – The flared and wide leg style balances out the proportion of wider set hips giving a slimming appearance to your lower half.
- High waists to cinch you in – High waists cinch you in and highlight one of the smallest parts of your body. They’re also a lot more comfortable than low and mid-rise by not sitting on the widest part, especially if there’s no stretch.
- Stretchy fabrics – A wider bottom half means you’re better off with stretchy fabrics that give and stretch to your shape. You don’t want to feel uncomfortable in something that feels tight, opt for stretch and fabrics that give.
Wide Leg Trousers For Pear Shaped
Not only are wide leg trousers super flattering for pear shapes, they’re the ultimate night out trouser too. These black trousers feature a high rise thick waistband, mock button detailing and a flared wide leg hem.
The black base is perfect for creating the illusion of a smaller bottom half, and makes it super versatile to pair with any of your tops whether you’re opting for an office-friendly look or something dressy for a night out.
Best Jeans For A Pear Shaped Body
- Opt for stretch denim – You want to avoid rigid denim where you can with wider hips and thighs as they leave little to no stretch to that area which isn’t the most comfortable fit. Opt for denim that has reasonable stretch throughout so you can easily get them on and be comfortable all day too.
- Bootcut & wide leg fits – Similar to trousers, wide leg and bootcut shapes add volume to your calf down, helping balance out wider hips and thighs. The wide leg means you can get away with certain rigid denim being a wider shape throughout!
Wide Leg Jeans For Pear Shapes
These ripped wide leg jeans are a great choice for pear shapes. Bear in mind they’re made from 100% cotton so don’t have much stretch but the wide leg fit offers extra room and comfort. They’re super easy to style with peplum tops, bardot tops and more whether you’re keeping it casual or heading out-out.
Mom Jeans For A Pear Shaped Body
If you’re looking for something that’s slightly more fitted, mom jeans are your happy medium. Defined by a high waist, loose fit around the thighs and tapered from the knee down. You still get room around your bum and thighs for a comfortable wear.
Mom jeans are a great option for casual days with trainers and basic tops and nights out too.
Coats & Jackets For A Pear Shaped Body
Colder months mean searching for your next layering hero to keep the chills at bay. Whether you’re looking for something light to throw on throughout transitional months or you need cool weather winners to wrap up in, we’ve got flattering outerwear for pear shaped bodies to take you through the seasons.
Denim Jacket For Pear Shaped
Denim jackets are great for lighter layering on those days you don’t need something heavy but can’t go without some sort of layer.
These denim jackets highlight your top half with a statement print and design to lift the eye upwards. Designed in a slightly cropped length sitting just below the waist, is great for pear shapes by highlighting your waist and adding volume to your top half.
Shop plus size denim jackets.
Winter Coats For A Pear Shaped Body
Wrapping up in style has never been easier! Serve serious outerwear envy in these must-have layers.
The key to dressing a pear shaped body is all about drawing the eye up and balancing out your wider bottom half. We’ve opted for lighter hues and a statement print to draw the eye up no matter what you’ve got on your bottom half.
Shop plus size coats.
We’d love to see how you’re styling your outfits! Show us over on our social by usingthe hashtag #ThisIsYours on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter – you might even get featured!